WEC Lines B.V. is a dynamic medium-sized maritime transport organisation specialising in container transport. We have 11 own vessels. Our services mainly concentrate on Belgium, Germany, England, Portugal, Spain, the Canary Islands and North and East Africa. Our head office is in Rotterdam and we also have branches in Hamburg, Antwerp, Barcelona, Nairobi and Mombasa.
In this versatile and independent position, you will be engaged in:
- Cost and benefit analyses comparing the actual amounts with the budget
- Checking and booking incoming invoices from suppliers and port authorities as well as ship’s statements from our agents
- Liaising with agents and suppliers on observed discrepancies to resolve disputes and freight discrepancies
- Liaising with other departments to discuss identified discrepancies and possibly improve procedures
- You provide and check financial data for internal reporting
- At WEC Lines we use our in-house financial systems (ThinkWise, ProActive, Odyssey, Excel)
Furthermore, you perform varying ad hoc activities
- You have an MBO 4 education (preferably in logistics or administration) and several years of work experience in a financial department, preferably in logistics.
- Good command of the Dutch and English language in word and writing.
- You have a high degree of responsibility to meet deadlines.
- Accurate, flexible, solution-oriented, stress-resistant and proactive are characteristics that suit you well.
WEC Lines offers:
- A varied and independent position in an informal working environment.
- A competitive salary and a fixed 13th.
- 27 holidays, 4 extra “earnable” holidays based on age and years of service, 4 afternoons off (Good Friday, 5 December, Christmas Eve, New Year’s Eve).
- A good pension scheme.
- Supplementary life insurance.
- A full-time working week is 38.75 hours.
- Opportunity for further development through study or training.
- Possibility of 1 home working day with home working allowance.
- Travel allowance of €0.21 per km.
- Good canteen at reasonable prices.